Herefordshire Safeguarding CPD Online provides continuing professional development and training of all who work with vulnerable adults, children, young people and their families. It is an online directory and booking system to access learning opportunities provided by a range of approved training providers. It has been developed to support the Herefordshire Safeguarding Children Board and the Herefordshire Safeguarding Adults Board to develop a highly skilled and professional workforce.
Herefordshire Safeguarding CPD Online helps staff and organisations to identify appropriate development opportunities and keep individual and organisation records of CPD. You need only register once to see the training and development opportunities.
Herefordshire Safeguarding CPD Online enables you to:
- View an up to date directory of courses in one place.
- Book places online with ease - you do not need to be an IT expert!
- No more repetitive form filling.
- Access your CPD record at any time.
- Receive alerts for events and opportunities that match your needs.
Click on the link below to visit the safeguarding CPD Online website.
Contact the Safeguarding Business Unit via email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01432 260100 for more information on our safeguarding training courses.
Training for foster carers is administered by Hoople Ltd. Further details or relevant courses can be found by using the search facility on their website. Hoople CPD Online
NEW Safeguarding Training Newsletter
Issue 1 of the Herefordshire Safeguarding Training Newsletter contains course information, forthcoming events, training and conference dates and CDP Online Guidance.
NEW CPD Charging Policy
- A minimum of 10 working days-notice – No cancellation charge and full refund if paid for course
- Between 3 and 9 working days notice – 50% course fee charged
- 2 working days or less notice (including non-attendance) – 100% of course fee charged.
Joint Workforce Development Strategy - Safeguarding
In September 2015 a joint (children and adults) safeguarding workforce development sub group was established who are accountable to the Herefordshire Safeguarding Children Board (HSCB) and Herefordshire Safeguarding Adults Board (HSAB). This group was tasked with supporting the workforce in Herefordshire to achieve the best possible safeguarding practice and that the safeguarding needs of children, young people and adults at risk are responded to by a confident, competent and effective workforce.
To realise this, a joint workforce strategy for 2017-18 has been developed in consultation with multi-agency representatives.
The scope of this strategy extends across the paid and voluntary workforce who work in or provide services to children, young people and adults who may be at risk of, or experiencing abuse or neglect and details competencies required for the workforce.
The competency framework has been developed to:
Support managers to support skills and knowledge development and identify gaps in knowledge that can be used to build tailored and effective learning opportunities.
- Be used by commissioners of services to monitor performance.
- Assist in embedding good practice and used to underpin practitioner performance and skills in staff supervision and when completing appraisals.