Safeguarding Children & Young People in Herefordshire
We are changing the branding of some of the content on our website to reflect the new safeguarding children arrangements in Herefordshire.
Until this work is complete you may see certain pages and documents that still refer to Herefordshire Safeguarding Children Board or HSCB. We appreciate your understanding, and if you have any queries about site content please contact the Safeguarding Business Unit on 01432 260100
Message from the Herefordshire Safeguarding Partners, September 2019
The first two meetings of the new Herefordshire Safeguarding Partners Board have now taken place. This is a new board under the new Safeguarding Children and Young People in Herefordshire arrangements, which replaces the Herefordshire Safeguarding Children Board and sub groups.
Details of the new arrangements were published in June 2019; you can read the full document here: New arrangements
Key points from the partners’ board:
• The safeguarding partners have agreed a Memorandum of Understanding which sets out their shared commitment to fulfil their statutory duties, and how they will work together to safeguard children and young people in Herefordshire. The document can be found here: Memorandum of Understanding
• Terms of Reference for the sub-groups have also now been agreed, and the first meetings of these groups will be taking place during September and October.
• Priorities for this year will remain as they are currently:
- Child exploitation and children who go missing
- Early help
- Safeguarding children with disabilities
The Quality and Effectiveness group will be considering these at their first meeting and have been tasked with advising on what 2 or 3 priorities should be the focus for partners from April 2020.
• Serious Case Reviews. There was a formal handover from the HSCB to the new Safeguarding Partners Board of all outstanding serious case reviews.
The tasks for the partners over the next few weeks will include:
• Appointment of a new independent chair
• Developing work plans for all the new groups
• Developing a Quality Assurance Framework
• Developing proposals for performance and data reporting
• Reviewing a range of data and intelligence to inform future priorities
• Planning the first Partners Summit in early 2020
Safeguarding Partners' Board Minutes
Minutes of the Safeguarding Partners' Board will be uploaded here after the meetings have taken place.
You can get in touch with Herefordshire Safeguarding Partners by writing to us at:
Herefordshire Safeguarding Business Unit
Alternatively you can e-mail us on email@example.com or call us on 01432 260100.
Herefordshire Safeguarding Partnership Team
Liz Murphy: Independent Chair of Herefordshire Safeguarding Partnership
Philippa Granthier: Interim Business Unit Manager
Lisa Beavan: Lead Learning and Development Officer
Fran Lennon: Business Support Co-ordinator - Safeguarding Business Unit
Ed Hughes: Business Support Co-ordinator - Safeguarding Business Unit
Jill Lewis: Business Support Co-ordinator - Safeguarding Business Unit