Skip to main content
Home Secure area

Useful contacts




West Mercia Police

Investigate criminal offences and protect public safety

​If a person is in imminent danger ring 999, or to report a crime ring 101 

Herefordshire Council Adults & Communities:

Advice & Referral Team

Safeguarding adults concerns should be reported to the Advice & Referral Team (ART), who will work with the adult and partner agencies to support them to be safe.

​Tel: 01432 260 715

Tel: 0300 123 9309 (out of hours)

Herefordshire Council Children and Families:

Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub

The Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) receives safeguarding referrals in relation to children and young people (under 18 years of age)


​Tel: 01432 260 800

Herefordshire Safeguarding Business Unit

​​A unit that works to support the work of the Safeguarding Children & Young People in Herefordshire Partnership / Herefordshire Safeguarding Adult Board and Community Safety Partnership Board.

To report a concern, contact either the ART or MASH as described above.

​Tel: 01432 260 100

Onside Advocacy

​Provides Independent Mental Capacity Advocacy for those eligible as well as other types of advocacy services.

Tel: 01905 27525


Care Quality Commission

​​Regulates care provided by the NHS, local authorities, private companies and voluntary organisations and protects the interests of people whose rights are restricted under the Mental Health Act.

​Tel: 0845 015 0120

Disclosure and Barring Scheme

​The role of the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) is to help employers make safer recruitment decisions and prevent unsuitable people from working with vulnerable groups including children. It replaces the Independent Safeguarding and Criminal Records Bureau.

​DBS: Tel: 03000 200 190 Welsh Language: Tel: 03000 200 191 DBS minicom: Tel: 03000 200 192


Domestic Violence

​Domestic violence 24 hour helpline which provides help for all victims of abuse in Herefordshire.

​Tel: 0800 783 1359


The Forced Marriage Unit

​Part of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, provides a wealth of information, multi agency practice guidelines and an advice line for victims, their friends, relatives and professionals.

​Tel: 0207 008 0151


Health and Safety Executive

​Responsible for all health and safety regulations in the UK. It provides information about the regulations and provides guidance on how to improve the health and safety of staff and service users in a variety of establishments.

NHS Whistleblowing Helpline

​The Whistleblowing Helpline is an independent, confidential, free phone service for staff and organisations working within the NHS and social care sector.

​​Tel: 08000 724 725


Modern Slavery

​Information about modern slavery, how to seek advice and how to report concerns.

​Helpline: 0800 0121 700


Office of Public Guardian

​Supports the functions of the Court of Protection. It can investigate the actions of a Deputy appointed by the Court of Protection or an attorney under a registered Enduring or Lasting Power of Attorney

​Tel: 020 766 47734

Public Concern at Work

​An independent authority on 'whistle-blowing', and the protection afforded by the Public Interest Disclosure Act. Provides an advice line.

​Tel: 020 7404 6609


Stop Hate UK

​Hate crime can be reported to Stop Hate UK, a voluntary organisation providing support for people affected by hate crime.

​Tel: 0800 138 1625 (24hours)


Citizens Advice consumer service

Offering advice on consumer issues, your energy supply and postal service, the Citizens Advice consumer service can tell you what your rights are and offer advice about how to make a complaint.

Tel: 03454 04 05 06


Victim Support Helpline


​Victim Support is available to help anyone affected by crime, providing emotional support, information and practical help.

​Tel: 0845 3030 900