Skip to main content
Home Secure area

What if I report I am being abused?

Making safeguarding personal

In Herefordshire, we want to make sure that everything we do to help you is based on your hopes and aspirations rather than us simply telling you what you need to do. We want you to be in control as much as you can be and want to be. This is our new approach and is part of a nationwide change to make safeguarding personal. 

If you or someone else rings us because they are concerned for your safety, we will work with you or an advocate (friend, carer or representative) to find out what you need to happen to make you feel safe again. 

Herefordshire Safeguarding Adults Board (HSAB) brings together all individuals and representatives from various agencies to work in partnership and develop best practice to safeguard adults.

When you report a concern a member of staff will:

  • Listen to you carefully
  • Take the concerns seriously
  • Find out the wishes of the adult at risk
  • Gather information from those involved in the adult at risk’s care
  • Talk to the police if it is a criminal matter
  • Agree the best way of helping the person to keep safe
  • Let you know what action has been taken as a result of your call