Adults safeguarding - keeping you safe
Abuse of any description is wrong. By reporting abuse you can help bring it to an end.
Our staff will discuss your concerns, give you advice and take referrals.
To report a concern, ring:
- 01432 260715 (weekdays 9am-5pm)
- 0330 123 9309 (after 5pm, weekends and public holidays)**
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Please note the email will only be secure if sent from another GCSX account.
- Write to us at: Safeguarding Team, Herefordshire Council, Elgar House, Holmer Road, Hereford HR4 9BD
- If your concern is about a child or young person, please contact the Multi-agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) on 01432 260800.
If someone is injured or in immediate danger:
- Telephone: 999 - police, fire, ambulance
If there is no emergency but you think a crime may have been committed:
- Telephone: West Mercia Police 101***
** Calls cost no more than calls to geographic (01 and 02) numbers.
***Calls to 101 (from both landlines and mobile networks) cost 15 pence per call, no matter what time of day you call, or how long you are on the phone. The 15p cost of the call goes to the telephony providers to cover the cost of carrying the calls. The police and government receive no money from calls to 101.
- What is adult abuse?
- What if the abuse is happening outside the county?
- What will happen when I report suspected abuse?
- What if I report I am being abused?
- Will raising a concern about abuse in my workplace put my job at risk?
Other adult safeguarding links
Click to visit the WISH website for information, advice, and details of services and activities for adults in Herefordshire.