Communications Sub Group
Overall purpose of the Communications sub group
To ensure that the key messages identified from the Boards’ Strategic priorities are appropriately communicated via the most effective conduit, consistent with the statutory requirements of the Boards:
The Hereford Safeguarding Children Board (HSCB) has a statutory responsibility for communicating to persons and bodies in the area of the authority the need to safeguard and promote the welfare of children, raising their awareness of how this can best be done and encouraging them to do so;
The Hereford Safeguarding adult Board (HSAB) needs to assure itself that local safeguarding arrangements are in place as defined by the Care Act 2014 and statutory guidance; that safeguarding practice is person-centred and outcome-focused working collaboratively to prevent abuse and neglect where possible; agencies and individuals give timely and proportionate responses when abuse or neglect have occurred and safeguarding practice is continuously improving and enhancing the quality of life of adults in its area.
The roles and responsibilities of the Community Safety Partnership (CSP) includes raising awareness of key issues and facilitating the exchange of information between all organisations involved that are appropriate at a County wide level.
Role, Function and Responsibilities
- To ensure that all messages to and from the boards are communicated in a consistent and comprehensive manner
- To ensure that all communications for the Boards are routed through the most effective means, using existing networks where possible
- To engage with partners/communities/focus groups/other identified areas, where possible using existing networks to garner information to present to board
- The Boards need to engage with children, young people and families, and other adults in receipt of services, as well as practitioners from across the partnership. The communications sub group will work collaboratively with other groups and services to ensure effective receipt and communication of messages and information.
- To act as a conduit to ensure all messages are reported back to Board
- Advise HSAB & HSCB Executive Groups and CSP Board of emergent local and national issues as they arise
- To ensure that key learnings from Serious Case Reviews, Safeguarding Adult Reviews and Domestic Homicide Reviews are effectively communicated
- Respond to relevant national and regional consultations
- To consider the communication needs that may follow from any significant local events
- To undertake any other activity as directed by the Boards.